An information focused blog is usually centered around news and how to information. Most Internet marketing blogs fall under this category. Your front end product is the content you provide.
Your blog could primarily be information focused, rather the product review focused.You can share how to info centered on online and affiliate marketing.
The affiliate commissions you can make from the blog can be stealthy.
You will be able to link directly to products with just a mention of their titles, or in keywords associated with them.
For example, you may have a post where you talk about the importance of list building, and hyperlink those types of keywords with an affiliate link for a list building related product or service.
You can also monetize your blog in other places by using Adsense ads, Amazon ads, affiliate banners, etc.
You can do this same thing for other niches. In fact, I would recommend coming up with a niche unrelated to Internet marketing. Again, think of the areas that interest you or in which you have some knowledge to share.
It might be cooking or car repair or anything else you feel you could write about on a frequent basis.
Your posts don't have to be novel length. All you're really doing is writing short articles.
Let's say you started a car repair blog. What are some topics you could cover?
• Pain free way to change your own oil, and save money!
• Tire Safety: How to Spot Problems Before You Hit the Road
• Top Ten Tips to Prepping Your Car for Winter Driving Conditions
• Avoid Getting Ripped Off By Unscrupulous Mechanics
• Used Car Nightmares: How to Spot a 'Lemon' Before Its Too Late, etc.
A lot of people are looking for these various types of information, and you could develop a base of regular readers in some of the ways listed below:
1. Syndicate your content. You might have a “Car Tip of the Week” feature, for example. Set your blog to send out a ping for this each week when you post it.
2. Collect subscribers. Set up an opt-in list that your blog readers can subscribe to in order to be alerted to new posts.
3. Get Links from related blogs and related blog rings.
4. Run Contests and Promotions. Let's say you're an affiliate of a company called Stayjid Shine (with a great affiliate program) that sells Yogurt. You can work out a Joint Venture with the owner to give out free samples. Note, the 4 tips above holds true for any niche and any blog type you may want to engage in. Not just in the case I'm describing here.
Have a lovely day and stay safe.