1. Drive smart. Avoid abrupt acceleration and unnecessary braking. Drive at constant speed. These do not only save gas, but also save your life.
2. Keep your car maintained. On-schedule tune-up, air filter cleaning, change oil, and keeping tire inflated improve you fuel mileage and reduce carbon emission.
3. Avoid excessive idling. Zero miles per hour give you zero miles per gallon.
4. Walk, bike, or carpool whenever possible. These do not only save you gas but keep you in good shape.
5. Combine errands into one car trip. This saves time and gas.
6. Invest on a hybrid car. It consumes less fuel and release zero or less carbon
7. Invest on power saving devices for your home.
8. Switch to renewable energy. Encourage others to do the same.
9. Insulate your home properly. Leaks around the house increase your energy consumption, thus
consuming more fossil fuel.
10. Wash clothes only on full load.
11. Use less hot water. It will save you a lot on electric bill and reduce fossil fuel consumption.
12. Reduce average home temperature. Keep your thermostat 2 degrees lower during the winter and 2
degrees higher during summer.
13. Install automatic thermostat. This can save you on electric bill big time.
14. Reduce garbage. Use less disposable materials not only do they pile up in landfills but they also require fossil fuel to produce that contribute to global warming.
15. Keep reusable products. Bring bags to the grocery, bring thermal container for your coffee, bring your own reusable water bottle, etc.
Share this list with as many people as you can and have a wonderful day.